I am available for individual and group-session movement care, curriculum design and implementation, professional development and consulting in the areas of Movement in Health and Well-being, Dance Education, Arts Integration, and Community Programming.
Contact me to book: firstname.lastname@example.org, (517) 449.9068
Movement/Dance Educator and Pilates Professional
- Pilates therapy: individual sessions designed to re-pattern your habits in support of your quality of life.
- Creative Self-Care: a 9-week session that uses movement to facilitate empowerment, connection, non-verbal communication and access to one’s inner life through somatic dance and pilates therapy practices. Great for those experiencing stress, anxiety, trauma, chronic illness. www.happendance.org REGISTER NOW!
- Providing professional development for Movement and Dance Educators, K-12 classroom teachers, Licensed Professional Counselors, Social Workers, and Psychology professionals
- Teaching regularly scheduled dance technique and theory classes (Modern, Ballet, Pedagogy, Composition) and movement experiences that focus on cognition, creativity, and human connection. www.happendance.org REGISTER NOW!
Writing and Editing
- Dance Advantage K-12 Column
- EducatingDancers blog
- invited to serve on Editorial Board, Journal of Dance Education
- book proposal currently under construction
Movement Specialist in Community and Health Programming-
- Developing movement curriculum that draws from multiple movement disciplines (dance, pilates, yoga, somatic practices, mindfulness meditation, etc. ) for various groups: chronically ill, new mothers, breast-health club, movers with physical disabilities or special needs, refugees, grieving children and families, postpartum depression and perinatal mood disorder groups, retirement communities and those suffering from general or specific anxiety, stress, and more.